Here is a photo of the quick poster on the class wall to complete the sheet called “How Laws are Made in Canada” for Friday. (click it for an enlargement)
- Enjoy your long weekend.
- Math sheet (both grades) was not looked at today. Please try your best to have both sides done for Monday.
- Food orders due Monday (see “Paper Work” above for form.
- Place value tests were handed back and should be reviewed and signed at home for return Monday.
- Grade Five math test: Question #1 will be redone (in a different version) by most when we get back to it as a class.
- Please have one side of the recent math sheet done for Thursday (patterning sheet in both grades)
- Food Orders (pizza, milk, etc) are due to the school by Monday. On the “Paper Work” pull-down of this blog, there is a link to the food order sheets.
- Spirit Wear orders (check the school website) are due tomorrow.
- We are attempting to collect one half a cup of flour from each student in my class so that we can make some easy clay that will be useful in a math problem. If you have any, please send it in.
- We are looking for flat cardboard or very thin, useable plywood or other hard surface material that could be used in place of canvas for painting.
In Language class, I’ve been reading the novel The Way to Schenectady (by Canadian author, Richard Scrimger) to the class. Below is a photo of the bulletin board display that the students have been responsible for developing. As well, today I introduced a writing assignment. The students will be writing about an event from their own lives in a “personal recount”. More to follow as we develop ideas…
- Tomorrow is the Elmvale Fair! I sent a note home with some important information.
- Grade Five: I handed out a science note today that lists the body systems. Next week, I’ll be helping the students to partner up and begin deeper research about one of those body systems. Grade Four posters were due today.
- QSP Magazine Fundraising packages were handed out today.
- Happy Thanksgiving!
Our due date for the grade four habitat posters is tomorrow. Time will be given in class tomorrow to finish them. These posters showed a plant or animal from Simcoe County and featured research about its shelter and food especially. Continue reading
- Thank-you to the parents who have indicated that they might be able to fill in at the last minute as volunteers for the Fair on Friday. We can only ask those parents who already have police checks filed with the school because approval from the school board is needed and it takes some time (more time than we have before Friday’s trip…).
- Math Test tomorrow: I asked the class (both grades) to complete “Test Yourself” as a final way of preparing for tomorrow’s test. See the post below about the test content.
- Tomorrow is “Meet the Teacher” evening. 5-6 pm is at the back of the school (“Pizza-Q”) and 6-7 pm is in the class portable (called “P914” out by the side bus area).
On Friday, we go to the Elmvale Fair and join the other area schools to open the fair with our parade into the grounds! If there are any parents that are able to come along and help us get organized, off the busses, parade into town, etc, we could use some assistance. (School volunteers must have a current police check already filed with the school to come along…)